When you live in Florida, impact windows are necessary to protect you and your home from hurricanes. Windows can also protect you from UV rays and intruders. At Armored Dade, we offer a wide variety of window options so you’ll be able to find one that’s perfect for your home. Our windows will also add beauty to your home.Windows from PGT® can lower energy costs, reduce noise, filter out 99% of UV rays that cause fading to drapes and furniture, as well as provide 24/7 intruder and hurricane protection.
Windows are available with aluminum and vinyl window frames, non-impact and impact-resistant glass, and many other options to meet your needs.Replacing old windows with ENERGY STAR qualified windows lowers household energy bills by 7-15 percent. Lower energy consumption also reduces greenhouse gas emissions from power plants and shrinks a house’s carbon footprint.
All windows are available in vinyl or aluminum. Windows are also available with insulated glazing and Low-E.
Single Hung Windows
- Traditional look
- Two sashes
- Opened from the bottom
- Commonly used in bedrooms/bathrooms
Double Hung Windows
- Most common type of window
- Opens from top and bottom
- Effective for air circulation
Horizontal Slider Windows
- Opens without using extra space
- Good for walkways/small spaces
- Use your window as a picture frame.
- No rail to obstruct your view
- Arch window
- Creates dramatic Victorian look
- Similar to picture window but offers ventilation
- Hinges on side and opens out
- Glass protects opening but still allows ventilation
- Top hinge and opens out
- Opens up the room by dividing the view
- Bay windows have three openings
- Bulge out exteriorly, leaving more room in the interior
- Opens up the room, similar to Bay windows
- Bow windows have four or more openings
- Allows more light into room
- Creates a rounded look